SPCNET translation back up

Looks like SPCNET is down. I hope it’s temporary. We’ll see.

It’s back up… for now. Do you plan to host these translations here? I know some are already here but there are some missing.

The new translation of Sword of Yue Maiden you did is a lot better than the old one. Not sure if it makes sense to link to that? I don’t see any reason to link to that other because newcomers would want to read the new, better version, no?

And I prefer to read in the browser. Reading on spcnet is… painful. I love reading on Wuxiasociety. Would be great if more novels are on here so people (or at least me) get motivated to read.

1 Like

Unless there are specific and sufficient requests, there are no plans to do so. My efforts will be focused on new translations.

Thank you! You have no idea how much such feedback means to translators. While on one hand I feel we should allow readers as much options as possible to choose the version they wish to read, wrong translations or poor translations can be misleading too. I’m still on the fence on this, to be honest. Would love to hear more from what the community thinks.

Once again, thank you for the feedback! I’m extremely particular about typography, so I spent a lot of time on choosing the fonts used, the font sizes, line spacings etc to make it a great reading experience. That said, I can only optimise for screen sizes and devices I have or I can emulate, so reader feedback goes a long way to ensuring that everyone gets as close to the ideal reading experience I aim to provide.

More novels means more time, and that unfortunately is only available if the time invested to work on these translations and articles can generate some income. I hope you guys don’t mind me getting more shameless in asking for donations, but having more supporters would really help get more novels out.