What Wuxia series are you currently reading or watching?

I was wondering what types of stories or which authors are popular with our community. What is your current wuxia fix?

I got into the Battle Through the Heavens TV Drama recently.

4 Likes

Recent (or not so recent) reads, more xianxia rather than wuxia - Stellar Transformations, I Shall Seal the Heavens, Coiling Dragon, God of Slaughter.

I recently got the Oxford edition of The Deer and the Cauldron, so I’m looking forward to starting that.

Keep us updated on your progress and thoughts on it.

Does anybody know anything about the new remake of Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre 2019?

@Whiterose451 Rumoured to be released on 13 Feb. No official word yet.

Reincarnation Of The Strongest Sword God

Spirit Realm

Strongest Abandoned Son

King Of Gods

@DivineTwilight Which would you recommend? Would love to hear your thoughts on each.

1 Like

i think Fox translate some Chu Liuxiang series , i think you can ask permission from him to upload his translation

@Jenxi RSSG was my first wuxia novel and the one that got me into it…

king of gods was my second and is more the traditional wuxia novel but it is one of the best i have ever read in the 6 years im into wuxia.

i dropped spirit realm because it got monotone

and strongest abandoned son is still a great read.

we have plans to mirror his works here but that work is currently on the back log. Requests will get pushed up the priority list though

What sort of stories are those? More about cultivation and progression?

Looking for something to pick up actually

Did you pick up something?

Anyone seen the Handsome Siblings? And the recent Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber.

1 Like

Watched a bit of it but the new Xiaoyu’er doesn’t capture the essence of the character like Dicky Cheung or Jimmy Lin did in the previous series.

does it get better as it goes on? getting so bored at the start…

I got bored halfway for Handsome Siblings. Haven’t checked out HSDS.

Same here… The starting was a big yawn.

Recently finish the Battle through the Heavens novel, found out the adaptation series later by chance.

It just felt too odd watching alchemist cauldron being so tiny in the TV series, I was expecting big size cauldron (like one you see in Temple or the one that the 7 Freaks in Condor Heroes use to drink wine with the Taoist). End up not watching it.

@ngocem You didn’t watch the series just because of the cauldron? Are you referring to the animation or the TV drama? The drama is not bad.

Translating ~~~~ding as cauldron is not as accurate because it gives the idea that it’s big. Ding (vessel) - Wikipedia